CONTACT INFO

Pony Express Your E-Mails to Mike at: horseykrishna@yahoo.com






Friday, June 17, 2011

JUNE 25, 1985: EARL MURRAY & THE “TODO EL MUNDO” INCIDENT

My better half, Karen, was right.  She’d told me recently that she thought we had a picture somewhere of Earl Murray chowing down on the Todo El Mundo Burger (a chili burger of some sort) the day that we were all on the Riverwalk in San Antonio, Texas, scoping out places to eat.  Luckily, I found this picture just this morning.  Therefore, I now give you the photographic evidence of Earl’s accomplishment. 

In an earlier posting on SADDLETRAMP SWAMI, I wrote about Earl’s book, THE HORSE RANCH and in doing so, took the opportunity to tell the “Todo El Mundo Burger” story. 

Earl is eating the Todo El Mundo with a fork here probably because it would have been too messy for him to pick up and eat with his hand.  He would have wanted to keep his white shirt pristine, I’m sure.  The person to Earl’s right whose face is obstructed is Dale Walker, who “snookered” Earl into ordering it in the first place. 

Those were good days and good times.  I just wish that Earl, who left us in 2003, was still here to laugh with us about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment