CONTACT INFO

Pony Express Your E-Mails to Mike at: horseykrishna@yahoo.com






Wednesday, June 1, 2011

SAM HOOK


The only thing more fun than discussing my admiration for Richard Wheeler is to read one of his books.

I read SAM HOOK when it first came out (Richard gave me a hardcover copy!) and by the time the paperback hit stores a year later, I grabbed it as well.  Really love the packaging here. 

As I get older, I find that I can’t quite recall everything I read in this book over 20 years ago.  Therefore I get the treat of reading it again and in many cases it will be as if I’m reading it for the first time.

One of Richard’s strong suits is fleshing out his characters extremely well.  The books become character studies – that just happen to be set in the frame of a Western.  These kinds of books are more fascinating to me than some of the cardboard characters I’ve read about in other Westerns.

Can’t go wrong with Richard Wheeler.  Check him out!

No comments:

Post a Comment